Friday 8 August 2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag






If there is one beauty product I just cannot resist, it is lipstick, and when I saw Amelia Liana and Essie Button's tag video, it was right up my street. I have two embarrassingly full vanity cases full and yet continue to hoard. I adore lipstick because it is a fun way to completely switch up your make-up without changing things that are more difficult to get right. I change what lip products are in my make-up bag weekly as I find it fun to alternate and make sure I get use out of all of them, instead of buying more. However, I have tried enough to know what are permanent winners in my collection and which ones will never leave my make-up bag, so here we go!

1. Favourite balm/treatment
Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rose. I love this lip butter because it is super buttery and thick which means it really moisturizes your lips. I use this all the time, especially before bed as it really nourishes and my lips never feel dry or chapped. I have gone through a few tins now and keep repurchasing as it works well for me. Other flavours are lovely too, but the smell of this is my favourite. 

2. Best eye-catching red
I don't often wear bright pillar-box red unless it is the festive season, but I love wearing dark shades of red veering on the purple side, such as the much loved Kate Moss 107. My favourite however is Prohibition from Collection's Deluxe range. This shade is a deep, red wine shade which really compliments my skin tone for a great dramatic look. Moreover, the formula of these Deluxe lipsticks are incredible, and are one of my favourite from the drugstore by far. They are super moisturising so would be great if your lips get chapped easily. They are also really pigmented, ridiculously inexpensive and they smell unbelievable. Not to mention the packaging is also super chic and looks a lot more expensive than its £3.99 price tag. 

3. Best luxury and best drugstore
My favourite luxury lipstick is my all-time favourite 'holy grail' lipstick (big claim for a lipstick hoarder I know!) It is Bobbi Brown's Wild Rose which is a mauve style pink. It is a really natural shade but is the nicest pink colour which really livens up a simple, everyday make-up look. I wear this all the time and it never veers too far from my make-up bag. I have to stop myself from using it too often as it is quickly running out. This is the kind of shade which if in doubt of what to wear, I will go to this as it fail-safe. The rich formula is wonderful as it lasts a long time and is incredibly pigmented. I think this kind of tone looks gorgeous with pale skin, although it is the kind of mid-pink which will look amazing on any skin type as it is not too pale. I often dab this on for a soft effect, but it builds up easily to a really nice deep pink which looks great for evening. Every time I wear this I just feel sophisticated, it is that type of elegant shade and is worth it's more expensive price tag.
As from the drugstore, it is another shade from Collection's Deluxe range. This shade Tallulah is a really soft, baby pink without looking too 'Barbie'. The creamy formula and beautiful shade is a winning combination. Again, this is another shade which you can slap on without thinking about as it always looks lovely. It looks great everyday or especially gorgeous paired with a really smoky eye to balance things out.

4. Best MAC lipstick
I only own one MAC lipstick so far but it is the most beautiful and unique shade, and that is Rebel. This is my favourite autumn/winter shade as it such a stand out one. It stays put for a stupidly long time- literally without budging until you decide it is coming off. It wins the award for most long lasting lipstick hands down, you can read my full post here. 

5. The most disappointing
In my opinion it has to be the Lancome Juicy Tubes. These are by far the stickiest gloss I have ever encountered. Granted, lip glosses are often slightly tacky that is just their formula, but these are a new level as it is literally like glue. If you smack your lips together they will pull apart with difficulty- yes that is how bad we are talking. It does leave a super glossy finish but the formula is not worth the hassle, and certainly not the price.

6. Liner- yes/no?
I don't wear liner on the regular but when I want my lipstick to last for a really long time, or if I am going for a super bold shade such as red, I will line my whole lips with this Illusion Nude Lip Liner from Model co. It is the perfect nude which looks great alone, but can be layered underneath any shade to really lock things in place. But for everyday, I would say if the lipstick has great staying power anyway, liner is non-essential. 

7. Best Gloss
My favourite comes from Revlon in the shade Bellini, a lovely peach toned nude which has a really subtle shimmer running through. It looks great alone to create a really natural, glamorous look a la Kim K. This is my favourite to wear with a really smoky evening eye as it really softens things and ties the look together. The formula is slightly sticky but is one of the better ones I have found- more than bearable put it that way and nothing akin to Lancome's juicy tubes.

8. Something Extra
Finally, I couldn't do a lip product post without mentioning that of Revlon Lip Butters- a great moisturising formula that remains pigmented and adds a subtle pop of colour- a perfect way to get into more adventurous shades without being too dramatic. They have a great colour range too to experiment with, and is the perfect easy option which can be thrown on like a balm. My favourite shade is Raspberry Pie, fairly similar to MAC's Rebel if you really build it up. What's great is that they are surprisingly pigmented which allows you to achieve that full lipstick effect with a slightly glossy finish, or else you can softly dab it on to create a really pretty and natural flush. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this tag, be sure to link me if you have done it too!
xox




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.