Not only are these some of my all time favourite excellent quality lipsticks that are great any time of year, but they are the most beautiful colours for the festive season- which isn't over yet! The winter season is perfect for sporting this kind of bold lip, whether you go for deep, sultry purple, or that classic chic bold red.They also all have brilliant staying power because the swatches were really hard to get off my arm afterwards!
From left to right:
1. No7 Moisture Drench lipstick in shade 75 'Sugar Plum'
2. Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in shade 500 'Diva Red'
3. Max Factor in shade 830 'Dusky Rose'
4. Sleek Matte lipstick in shade 783 'Mystic'
5. No7 Moisture Drench lipstick in shade 120 'Siren'
6. MAC Mattene lipstick in 'Rare Exotic'
A top tip for applying this kind of dark lip is to use a fine lip synthetic lip brush for a really precise finish to line the lips and perfect your natural shape. Then use the lipstick straight from the bullet, particularly darkening the center of the bottom lip to make them appear as full as possible. Add a tiny bit of highlighter just above your cupids bow to draw attention to your lips.