Saturday 13 April 2013

Adding To The Collection: Lipsticks




(Wild Watermelon, Wild Rose, Cameo)

If there is one thing I cannot resist in terms of make-up, it has to be lipstick. I have so many lipsticks that they take up their own cosmetics bag, and yet I still continue to buy more! This week I brought 3 gorgeous shades that I would thought I'd share with you all; they are all perfect for spring, and surely everyone loves to rock an awesome spring lipstick?

1. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 063 Wild Watermelon: 
This is one of their brand new shades for their spring collection, and I was immediately drawn to the bright red colour with hints of orange. I absolutely adore the formulation of these lip butters as they are so moisturising, you don't need a balm on afterwards or even before which is great. What is especially love is the sheerness of colour which I think is ideal for the spring/summer period when you don't always want to wear thick, heavy matte lipstick. It is super light but the pigmentation in Wild Watermelon is really good, even though it is sheer. It therefore adds a fairly natural burst of colour whilst still keeping them soft and hydrated. This colour does look a little bold straight from the tube, but on the lips it is really soft, yet you can build it up if you want a stronger colour. These lip butters are available in four new spring shades if your looking to try something a little fresher for spring, priced at £7.99. 

2. Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colour in 26 Wild Rose:
This shade from Bobbi Brown is my absolute perfect every day pink-toned lipstick. Although it shows up super vibrant and pink on the top picture (with flash), the swatch of it is a more accurate idea of the colour. It is a brown-toned pink shade which makes it flattering on all skin tones, and really strongly pigmented so you do get a strong burst of colour. Despite this high pigmentation  this formula is by no means drying on the lips and is incredibly long lasting. What I also love about Bobbi Brown lipstick is they all have SPF 12 which is crucial during the summer months. Although I picked this up at Cheshire Oaks outlet mall for around £12, the normal retail price of Bobbi Brown lipstick is £18. 

3. No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Cameo:
I constantly receive No7 make-up vouchers from Boots, so every time I normally pick out a new lipstick. I was drawn to Cameo because the blue-toned pink was something I don't actually own already, and it is packed with metallic shimmer which is so perfect for spring. This shade has hints of lilac which I think is really pretty, however if you have super pale skin I would probably stay clear of this because it would wash you out completely. I think this would look gorgeous with a tan which was one of the reasons I got it, I think it is perfect for summer. I love No7 lipsticks because they are incredibly moisturising; they don't dry my lips out at all and I don't even have to use balm afterwards. They are really pigmented but you can keep building it up for a really vivid colour that will also last for ages. No7 lipsticks are £9.50 from Boots.

What spring/summer lipsticks have you guys been loving recently?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.