Monday 27 July 2015

Bourjois Bronzing Primer

Having been without a beach holiday this summer and with the British weather being typically British, my face has been lacking that sun kissed glow. That is, of course, until I discovered this wonder of a product from Bourjois which I absolutely adore as it is essentially, summer in a pot.

 First things first, the smell is incredible. Its got that chocolate smell which is familiar with Bourjois bronzing products, yet there is also something undeniably summery about it which just reminds me of holidays. My favourite way to apply this is to layer it underneath my foundation all over. The colour at first might seem quite dark and somewhat orange, yet as you blend it in it gives the appearance of a healthy natural tan. You can skip primer as well as this serves as both bronzer, and also something that will smooth out and matify your skin. After my base is done I also like to go back in with this on my forehead, around my hairline, and cheekbones to really bronze up the contours of my face.



Another reason why I was drawn to this was because of its cream formula which I can't get enough of in summer to create a really fresh and glowy look. Its texture is also very gel-like which makes it really easy to work with. I have also began to contour my nose slightly which is much easier with cream products, and I find that this works well for that. I simply use a small brush and draw two lines down the bridge of my nose to crease a slimmer effect, and then blend in until the lines disappear. This can be really transformative if you blend enough, giving you the illusion of a smaller nose. To further illustrate this, I use a highlighter in between these lines to make it even slimmer. This is slightly more orange for contouring as your best with something more ash toned, yet I find it works amazingly for a tanned healthy glow all over the face. I have heard people compare this product to Chanel's extremely sought after Soleil Tan De Chanel bronze universal bronzing makeup base, which retails at £32. I have never tried this myself as I have opted for cheaper alternatives, but I find it hard to believe that it can do something radically more impressive than this much cheaper one from Bourjois, retailing at just £9.99. In my opinion this is a must have in my summer make-up bag as it gives me both a realistic tan, and is great for contouring.


Let me know what you guys think of this product/ what else are your summer staples?
xox

1 comment:

  1. I've always been so intrigued by this so thanks for the great post! May just have to pick it up before my holiday!!
    Lisa
    www.topazandmay.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.